Why You Need To Visit Singapore Wildlife Reserves
- 1 Why you need to visit Singapore wildlife reserves
- 1.1 Read on to find out all about what Singapore wildlife reserves night safari has to offer.
- 1.2 What exactly is Night Safari Singapore
- 1.3 What to expect on Night Safari Singapore
- 1.4 How to reach
- 1.5 Opening Time and Admission Price
- 1.6 Essential information and tips to remember
Why you need to visit Singapore wildlife reserves
Experience Singapore like no other with a night Safari at Singapore wildlife reserves. Singapore has always projected itself to become the world’s greenest country. Over the years, it has portrayed the same and strived to be an eco-responsible destination through numerous creative projects. One such unique attraction is the Night Safari at Singapore wildlife reserve. Which is also a ‘one of a kind’ wildlife attraction in the whole world. This attraction blends nature and wildlife within the futuristic city giving its visitors an amazing wildlife adventure after sundown. For visitors who are not interested in Singapore’s electrifying nightlife and wondering where to go in Singapore at night for fun can head to Night Safari Singapore for an extraordinary wilderness experience. Scroll down to know more about Night Safari Singapore.
Read on to find out all about what Singapore wildlife reserves night safari has to offer.
What exactly is Night Safari Singapore
The Night Safari Singapore is the world’s first nocturnal zoo. A multi-award winning wildlife attraction in Singapore wildlife reserves that focuses on providing entertainment and knowledge to visitors while caring for endangered species through captive breeding in natural habitat. This Singapore night tour takes you on an after dark wilderness journey into the world of animals in Singapore. The alfresco zoo, located just a couple of minutes away from the Singapore wildlife reserves Zoo, resembles a sprawling forested landscape and operates only after dusk.
The Night Safari Singapore is home to over 2500 animals of more than 130 species, many of which are rare and threatened species. You can witness exotic nocturnal creatures such as clouded leopards, fishing cats, Asian lions, Malayan tigers, and tapirs to name a few roaming freely in a natural habitat that is given an ambiance of the moonlit jungle. These dim lights are clear enough for visitors to view these wondrous creatures. Visitors usually take an average of 4 hours to complete visiting the park.
What to expect on Night Safari Singapore
- The Wildlife Experience
Night Safari Singapore is a great way to explore an assortment of exquisite creatures all at one place within the city. This wildlife journey consists of seven geographical sectors, each having a unique habitat and respective collection of animals. You can explore these on walking tours or guided trams meandering through Himalayan foothills or tropical forests of South East Asia. There are also four walking trails – East Lodge Trail, Leopard Trail, Wallaby Trail, and Fishing Cat Trail to give you up-close encounters with nocturnal animals. Visitors can enjoy the exhilarating wildlife sights on these Safari tours:- Guided Tram Ride – The most convenient way to explore the Safari Park is on a guided Tram ride where you can simply watch the animals while being seated on a comfortable tram. A guide will accompany you to give essential pieces of information and commentary of the various animals sighted on the tour. The tour is complimentary with the admission ticket.- Express Tram – Shell out additional SGD 10 and you can have a reservation on the tram without any hassles of waiting in long queues. The Express Tram offers limited seating options giving you the chance to enjoy the safari ride in leisure.
– Safari Adventurer Tour – An exclusive wildlife adventure with just 7 people onboard a buggy that takes you through the exhilarating sights of Leopard Trail. Witness the nocturnal behavior of Sri Lankan leopards, clouded leopards, Indian lions, Malayan flying fox, slow loris, and porcupines to name a few. The trail also has two walk-through exhibits for exciting encounters with wildlife.
- Dining and Entertainment
Dining at Night Safari Singapore is a fabulous experience in itself. You can enjoy an amazing assortment of cuisine at restaurants like Ulu Ulu Safari Restaurant, Safari Sizzles, and Zebra Café. An alfresco dinner with a fire show at Jungle Rotisserie and a four-course gourmet wine and dining experience in a tipi tent on the edge of the lake are few charming ways to spend your time amid good company and good food. The award-winning Gourmet Safari Express which includes a candlelit dinner onboard the tram meandering along the jungle is an absolutely unique fine dining option to experience here at the Night Safari Singapore.
- The park also hosts some impressive performances such as cultural performances of tribal dances and energetic fire twirling and flame-throwing displays in Thumbuakar Fire Show. This is one of the highlights popular among visitors during the Night Safari experience. The Creatures of Night Show is a delight for kids as they get to watch nocturnal animals reveal their unique skills under the guidance of expert trainers. It showcases numerous performances that display amazing talents of these creatures to survive in nature. Kids can also volunteer during the show which adds an extra element of excitement for them in the whole experience.
How to reach
Night Safari Singapore is located at Mandai Lake Road and about 30 minutes away from the city center. However, this attraction is well connected with all modes of transports.
- By Public Transport – You can take the Mass Transit Rail(MTR) and get down at Khatib Station, Woodlands Mart Station, Marsling Station, Choa Chu Kang Station or Ang Mo Kio Station. Once you arrive at any of these stations, take a connecting public bus to Night Safari Singapore.
- By Shuttle service – You can even reach Night Safari Singapore by shuttle service which is available every 20 minutes from 8 am till 10.40 pm. The shuttle service runs to and fro from Khatib MRT Station to Safari Coach Bay. The journey time is approximately 15 minutes.
- Direct bus service – You can also avail Singapore Attractions Express or Safari Gate bus which provides direct service from most hotels in the city till Night Safari Singapore. These rides would cost you from SGD 6 onwards depending upon the kind of service you need and duration of your ride.
- By Self Drive or Taxi – You can either choose a route via Central Expressway or Pan Island Expressway from the city for your self-drive or taxi ride to Night Safari Singapore. For Self Drive Tours, there is plenty of parking available at a charge of SGD 10 parking coupon.
Opening Time and Admission Price
Night Safari operates every day of the year from 7.15 pm till midnight. Admission time slots are one hour apart – 7.15 pm, 8.15 pm, 9.15 pm, and 10.15 pm. Last entry is at 11.15 pm.
Singapore night safari ticket price – Adult: SGD 47 per person, Child from 3 to 12 years of age: SGD 31 per child. Admission ticket for child below 3 years of age is free of cost. Ticket counters are placed at Singapore Zoo’s main entrance and are open from 5.30 pm to 11.00 pm. You can even buy your tickets online on additional discounts.
For a complete wildlife experience, get Singapore zoo ticket as well on the day you plan to visit the Night Safari Tour. This way you can spend the day at Singapore Zoo and visit Night Safari Singapore during the night.
Essential information and tips to remember
- Always plan ahead for your Singapore holiday. Be it applying for Singapore visa online or reserving your hotels and tourist attractions. The same applies to Night Safari Singapore as it is one of the most sought-after Singapore tourist attractions by locals and visitors alike. Hence it is usually crowded especially during weekends and school holidays. So it is recommended to book your admission tickets in advance to avoid long queues and waiting time.
- Although the park takes utmost safety precautions for their visitors. There are certain rules, guests should adhere to for their own wellbeing. Guests should always venture within the pedestrian zone and stay together with other visitors. Straying into prohibited areas can prove highly dangerous.
- Always respect the animal’s habitat and ensure you keep your voices mellowed. Do not feed or tease the animals.
- While food items are allowed inside the park, items like balloons, Skate scooters, rollerblades, tricycles, pull trolleys, Pets and plants are not permitted.
- While clicking pictures, make sure you don’t use flash photography as it can disturb the animals, Commercial use of any filmed footage is forbidden. Visitors need to take prior consent before using the video for commercial purpose.
- Smoking is not allowed inside Night Safari Singapore. Guests can use designated smoking zones located outside the entrance.
Get the best One Day Singapore itinerary.
Comment below if you have ever visited Singapore wildlife reserves or you want to go and see some Singapore animals.